sun06dec6:00 PMEvent has passedChristmas with Castro - A Holiday Fundraiser for Families in NeedFrazier Trager & Wednesday's Gift Present - Christmas with Castro - A Holiday Fundraiser6:00 PM Downtown Theatre Fairfield - Live Stream Concerts, 1035 Texas St, Fairfield, CA 94533 Event Organized By: Wednesday's Gift
Christmas with Castro featuring Mark Hummel on harmonica. This is a very special holiday fundraiser to help families in need. Tommy Castro
Christmas with Castro featuring Mark Hummel on harmonica. This is a very special holiday fundraiser to help families in need. Tommy Castro is an American blues, R&B, rock guitarist and singer. Whether he’s squeezing out the deepest blues or playing the funkiest soul grooves, legendary blues and soul giant Tommy Castro knows how to ignite a crowd. Over the course of his still-unfolding career, the guitarist, vocalist and songwriter has 15 albums ranging from horn-fueled soul and R&B to piping hot blues to fiery rock n’ roll. He’s performed all over the world, earning countless fans with his legendary, sweat-drenched, live shows. Castro’s band, The Painkillers—bassist Randy McDonald, drummer Bowen Brown and keyboardist Michael Emerson.
Special Guest: Mark Hummel – Grammy Award Nominee and Winner of two Blues Music Awards, Mark Hummel started playing harmonica in 1970 and is considered one of the premier blues harmonica players of his generation. Thanks to over thirty recordings since 1985, including the Grammy nominated 2013 release Blind Pig recording “Remembering Little Walter”.
The fundraiser goal is to help all the families struggling to make ends meet this holiday season. Wednesdays’ Gift is a 501c non-profit organization in Marin County. Each year for Thanksgiving and Christmas, Wednesday’s Gift holds a community event to assemble more than 1,000 bags of food and toiletries to distribute to the homeless in local communities. Volunteers congregate at the Novato Horsemen’s Club on Wednesday night before Thanksgiving and on December 23, to participate in a rousing factory line of sandwich making and bag stuffing. Volunteers also are put to work sorting and bagging donated warm clothing and blankets that have been collected.
Wednesday’s Gift has made a difference in people’s lives by
• Providing groceries and paying utility bills for several families
• Paying rent and providing food, clothing, toys and furniture to 3 families who were victims of a devastating fire
• Paying for child-care for a boy so his mother could continue working and attend college
• Providing financial support for a widow for one month
• Paying rent for a single mother of four children, who was diagnosed with breast cancer, and undergoing treatment
• Securing 24-hour care for a diabetic suffering from acute insulin shock & providing a full time attendant to help with medical needs
• Securing bikes for homeless adults that needed transportation to work
• Organizing moving parties to help others relocate to healthier environments
• Securing volunteers to provide childcare, household repair, and home clean-outs
Tickets are no longer available for purchase
(Sunday) 6:00 PM
Wednesday's GiftWednesday’s Gift is a registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.